Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yummy more Knitting finds.....

 
While trolling the Internet last night I stumbled across an amazing knitting blog, Tin Can Knits, I can not tell you how much you will learn from this blog. The techniques are all done in such clear photographs nearly anything you want to know about knitting, Emily walks you through step by step. Well worth the visit to her blog and so much to learn. With the little owl sweater nearly done I am excited to start something new. When I saw this little Gramps Sweater I knew it was going to be among the collection of sweaters and things I am knitting for my new grandson, Will. My daughter really delights in all the things I knit for her new little son, and I must admit it  makes me feel good to know she appreciates all the work. I did a few knits for my first two grandson's, unfortunately my daughter in law doesn't take care of handmade things the way my daughter does, and sadly, she has lost most of items. It's nice to feel appreciated for the work we put into handmade items, don't you agree? It's a big part of the reason we make them for family, they not only feed your creative needs, but are also meant as keepsakes, to be used and treasured at the same time. I have purchase this sweater and can not wait to dig in and begin as it's so darn cute!
However....

 
I also stumbled across this in Tin Can Knits shop and indeed have purchased this one too. I just love the pattern and the fact they are all solid colors and the detail is so gorgeous. Another too I can't wait to begin, I just have to decide which to work first...aren't they just dreamy? Maybe I will dip in and do both of them together, after all, I am just finishing up the little owl sweater and hat set which I have to say again, is so easy to follow and fun to knit. I will be making this one again only in a different color and a different brand of yarn, maybe Cascade super wash merino wool. I just love Cascade yarn. Like I really need to start more projects when I have a few that need my attention, but hey, it keeps the creative juices flowing and that suits me just fine. Note to everyone...don't fret about the projects you haven't finished, be grateful for the ones you have, at least that's the way I view it. After all, I truly believe the ones I have completed held my interest, and had a purpose that drove me to work to get it done, and that too, is fine by me. Whatever way... I am just happy to hit the Tah-Dah moment on any project (whether yesterdays, last months, or last years) and when I do, I smile, and think, I did that, little old me just knitted or crocheted something unique.
 
Thanks again for another visit to my blog its nice to have you here...have a spectacular day and no matter where the sun is or isn't... or how cold it is or isn't...just be glad for the fact creating can be done in any weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.