Sunday, November 17, 2013

Knitting and a Found Fox...

 Hey all, hope you're having a good weekend!
 
 
The last couple days I've been knitting away. I started a little sweater for the new grand baby the one with the little owls from here. It's rather easy and I really enjoy working with the small needles. I prefer 2 to 5 in knitting needles, they seem to be the best fit for me. I find larger ones to be a bit annoying, even though the project goes quicker, they just seem to me, like walking in extra large shoes on my feet. Kinda clumsy!
 
 
The weather is really warm today more so than it should be, in fact, you can see in the upper right corner of the photograph the sun is shining. And although it's warm, I have no desire to be outside. It just feels like autumn with winter around the corner..not to mention the wind is wiping away nearly 50 miles an hour. The windows are rattling which is rather soothing...especially at night... I have to say I love it! The little receiving blanket from here is finished waiting to be blocked. I used some yarn I had in my stash Caron Simply Soft in cream, although it looks more like a very light pale yellow. I really like the softness of the yarn, but not the way it knits. Yarn that splits a lot doesn't appeal to me and says it's really not the best quality, it's the softness that makes baby projects nice. And no matter what yarn I work with there is one problem I just can't seem to quit...nearly every project I knit contains a little mistake somewhere. As hard as I try it just happens...are you the same way? I mean, it's okay for me. Those who don't knit really wouldn't notice, besides if I had to rip it apart it would be so sad, as I put so much time into the darn thing. Kinda like the guy below...
 
 
If he spent his entire time trying to get into a chicken coup only to find the chickens gone. Believe me it would be nice that it's empty, because I love all animals, and hate to see them hurt. I found this little guy at Target in the Christmas section. He was the last one although plastic he looks like a rock and appears as though someone took a black sharpie and drew away. Isn't he just toooo cute! I have this thing with anything fox lately. I don't know why, nor can I explain it. Oh here we go again, the TV is on and this darn commercial makes me shake my head in aw....it's a neutrogena commerical, the girl says, are you growing old waiting for your wrinkle cream to work. LOL! I always respond heck no I'm just growing old...it's just sounds so redundit. I can't stop LMAO! help. I don't use the stuff wouldn't anyway I've earned all my wrinkles.
 
Okay, since I'm already laughing I end with this...
A very rich man decided to throw a party, inviting everyone in town. The morning before the party the man filled his pool with sharks and alligators. When the quest arrived he told them if anyone could swim across the pool and come out alive, he would grant them anything they wanted, anything...out of no where they all heard a splash... swimming across the pool a young man is dodging sharks, darts quickly under the alligators weaving and swimming as fast as he could to get to the end...he climbs out of the pool bends to take a deep breathe. The millionaire walks over says, "wow dude that was awesome, I didn't think anyone would actually try, now what would you like...anything is yours." The young man stands up looks at the millionaire and says, "all I want... is for you to find out who pushed me into the pool."
 
Thanks again for stopping by... it truly means a lot that you take to out of your day to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.