Monday, July 15, 2013

DIY Bench How Easy....It's Hard to Believe

 
I've been trying to figure out a way to build an easy bench for the garden, one that didn't take a lot of tools and can be taken apart and moved easily. Not that I can't make one myself, I don't have the workshop and tools since my divorce. Heck if I had my way, I'd knock down a few walls in the apartment and make it a workshop. Yes it's true, I have built rooms put up walls and drywall. One day I will have to dig in to my photo collection and give you a peek. It was one of my favorite things to do, from beds, to a desk, to a baby cradle, and table and more...but currently this sneaky little gal is saving the old lumber from the deck the owners are replacing. There is nothing like old aged wood to make a cool coffee table and more...trolling again today on the Internet of course looking at granny square projects, for this gal it's way to hot to go outside until the sunsets. In my trolling I found this bench and was in aw...how much more simpler could it be!!
 
4 - 4" by 4" 8ft. long pieces of wood if you're not going to use treated make sure to seal the wood for rainy days. It looks to be 12 cinder blocks for those who don't know they only come with two square holes per block. This is 4 stand vertical on bottom and 2 horizontal on top. Slide the wood in and your done. Now this is what I call easy peasy!!