Friday, October 13, 2017

Tah Dah...say what!








It has been a weird year as far as weather is concerned, my garden didn't produce a whole lot, and, the rain has been scarce which has been a huge problem It was very welcoming to have rain this past week things have gone from dry to a beautiful green, somewhat anyway. I did manage to see a butterfly, in fact, there were many. It's almost hard to tell what time of year it truly is...most of the trees have dried yellow leaves, nothing, like what I remember last year. I suppose Mother Nature has had enough of what we as human's have done. 
With all that said, I did manage to finally finish the Fairy Dust sweater. I made it using Bernat Softee Baby yarn, actually, it was a test run before the good yarn. I can't say it wasn't a challenge for me as it was following the pattern around the collar. I am dyslexic when it comes to numbers, which when a pattern contains a design that requires concentration, it gets difficult for me. That's okay though, as every design I conquer is one more I can say, hey, I did it! And that's enough for me. I have yet to find the buttons that say...these are for this sweater. So I will go in search. Sweater is done in a size 6.
If I sound a bit down right now, as months go by, I am reminded of Jim and what we did at this time a year ago. Coming to the Holiday Season certainly isn't helping, as was Lucy's passing among my girl's. She's the one in the last photograph. I've had her since she was 2 days old. I can not express how so very tired I am of death around me. From Jim, to neighbor's, friend's, and my girl's creating is what I do to ease my mind. I found Lucy early in the morning inside the coop lying on the floor, my heart sunk. I am getting to the point where opening a coop door is a bit frightening these days, as I lost 6 babies during the summer months. I can only hope and look forward to better days ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.