Friday, October 20, 2017

Knitting and it's Warm



In my last post I mentioned I lost Lucy, one of my bantam chicken's. It was a week ago yesterday. I spent that day and Friday pretty sad, until I went to feed my rabbits. Male and Female Chocolate Chinchilla's. This is what I found, 8 adorable new babies, somehow the Universe knew I needed something to make me smile. Times have been tough and we all know during tough times, things like this create a heartfelt moment. I've been in a happy mood since, I feel like a new mom, too.


And this is Sophie, the new mom, and her first litter. Bless her heart I could not love an animal more than I do both her and Sammy. Gentle, calm, and such good animals all the way around. Sophie even lets me watch when she feeds her litter and that is rare. I make sure I always pet her and talk to her before I approach the nest. I am pretty sure she trusts me and that's an awesome feeling. She is a very good and attentive mom. Thank you, Sophie, for being a part of my life. Pets really do bring joy into your life.


As does knitting, oh my goodness, I just love it! Right now it's a bit warm here in Ohio. Just an all around beautiful day, in fact, the whole week has been pretty darn good. No pattern for the sweater just winging it as I go and writing down how I am putting it together. I am really liking how it's turning out and plan on making another only a bit different. My goal has always been to learn to make more of my own patterns and that's what I intend to do. I want to know how it's all done even making patterns in crocheting. This one is done with Debbie Norville's
soft worsted weight yarn. I really like the way it knits and it's super soft. 18 sts. and 24 rows = 4 inches on U.S. 8 needles. Once I get the pattern together so it's readable and easy to follow,
 I will post it.


In the meantime, the weather is very nice, we are blessed to have such a wonderful October. I think the bugs would agree, as a week ago, they were all trying to get inside. We had a couple cool, windy days. So far it's suppose to stay this way for awhile. It seems are cold weather arrives later every year. That's okay with me as it doesn't last long. Have a great weekend where ever you may be and smile it's good for soul.
Thank you my dear friends for popping in and reading my posts. I hope they too bring you some kind of joy and inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.