Saturday, October 28, 2017

Something Special for You





It was a beautiful week for the most part this past week with the exception of rain that cooled it way down...I found myself asking, "who turned on the outdoor air conditioner." I'd really rather have it cooler, than so hot, it's hard to cool off, and quite frankly I am ready for this winter. Ready to kick back and just be for awhile, without, tending to the garden and cutting the grass tidying up the outside. Seems kinda redundant doesn't it that we decorate the outside. I truly believe the Amish have it right for living simple and enjoying the earth, using it for what it's intended. I try my best to do the same, as I am not one for decorating the front of the house or on my deck. I am about the beauty of nature as it remains. I have no tolerance for pesticides, weed killers, or those of any kind dumped on the earth. I am a simple nature gal at heart.
With that said, I finished the Moss Stitch Bonnet and if you'd like to make one just look below. I am adding a pattern for matching mitts, hopefully, before the weekend is gone. This little bonnet is easy and makes up quickly.

MOSS BONNET
Size/ Newborn
4 st equal 1 inch/ Needle size 8 U.S.
Worsted weight yarn/1 skein

Cast On 45 sts

Rows 1 thru 6 (k1,p1)

Next/ Work Stockinette Stitch until hat measures 4 inches ending on knitting row.

START WORKING IN THE ROUND

Decreases

1. ( k 2 tog, k 3) repeat (36 sts)

2. Knit around

3. ( k 2 tog, k2) repeat (27 sts)

4. ( k 2 tog, k 1) repeat  (18 sts)

5. (k 2 tog) repeat around (9 sts)

DO NOT BIND OFF...cut yarn pull rather tightly through remaining stitches knot and weave in ends.

TIES...cut 6 strands of yarn 30 inches long. Divide into 2 sets of 3 fold in half pull loop through corner then your strands. Once done, braid strands loop and tie ends.

Hope you give it a go...I will be posted the matching mitts soon. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.