Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hot Creative Days



These days it seems I am just on a working yarn roll. Normally, I don't in the summer, usually waiting for fall and winter. Honestly I believe it's the grieving process, from loosing my other. We all seem to do this in different ways, even stress is handled in different ways, for me, it's working yarn. Odd things, I am really enjoying the process and hope it grabs hold and continues throughout next summer. Oh boy, not the grieving, just the creating. Grieving is tough, it has it's days, pops in and out without warning. Yesterday was one of those days, from the moment I woke, it hit me hard all day. I sent my son a text, who's wife lost her father the year before (my son was very close to her dad) and said when does it stop. He always replies with something helpful...most of the time it's find your happiness, mom. This kid is an old sole, so far ahead of his age in life...the wisdom he has is amazing. 
Today is also my daughter's birthday, she's 31, sadly our relationship is a difficult one. We are totally opposite in every way possible. She is very conservative, organized, stubborn to a fault, where I am a free spirit, spontaneous, go with the flow mom. Not that they didn't have structure and rules growing up, they sure did, whee, it was tough but I had to get that free spirit a bit under control for them. Tough you bet, yet, worth it all. As they say, we live for our children until they leave the nest. It was tough to watch the last one go, in all, look what I am able to do. Create whenever I desire for as long as I choose.
The days in Ohio have been horrible hot, we literally have had recorded breaking temperature's due to all the hurricanes in the South. Yesterday registered near 100 degrees way too hot for this gal. I like warm, but yet, that is just crazy warm especially when it comes with the muggy humidity. The bright side it allows me to sit and create, in fact, the sweater in progress is half way done. A lightweight sweater, I used dk yarn, Bernat softee baby in soft red, appears to be pink to me, well hey, I didn't name the color but I like it just the same. The pattern is Fairy Dust, by Dani Sunshine on Ravelry. I am so enjoying this pattern, easy to follow, so well written. In fact, I plan on make more in different colors. I would recommend this pattern for anyone who knits or wants a really nice Holiday gift or  for any special occasion for the little ones. Available to make in sizes 3 months to 6 years. Follow the link and give it a go.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.