Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Life is Good










  Life is good even amazing if we just look around, that's pretty easy for me when you've been a photographer. Although I don't take it for granted. Photographing nature has become so much more appealing to me in the past couple years. Teaching myself to see through the lens with not only my eyes but my heart. Some of the most ordinary things become extraordinary. There is beauty even on a warm January day, yes I did say warm. We have had an unusual winter and I by far am not complaining. If Mother Nature continues to be resting in a good mood our transfer into spring should go mighty well. The key word Mother Nature who can change without notice which is truly pretty cool in some ways...the sound of a rustling wind, or waves beating up against a pile of rocks, the crackling of ice on the Bay, tree branches tapping the windows and the snow crunching softly under foot. Sometimes I miss the snow which has been scarce this winter, maybe, two days so far this Season although there are still several months to go. My new home is nice I am adjusting although it's been tough, I can't say it hasn't been without tears leaving my apartment of 10 years. Women, nester's were are making simple walls, a roof and floors a home. So many memories are made in a decade of living with so many hard to let go. I know we take them with us wherever we go, yet, it feels a lot like a loss. I keep trying to remind myself change is good it leads to better things, different things, a new view which mine is extraordinary. The bay in my backyard, birds everywhere beautiful birds. A nature retreat/trail to my left where walks are glorious even in the winter. So what is there to be sad about...home even though they say it's where you're heart is...mine took in many good times and even bad in my apartment. So for now, I cry, then I'm okay the tears just seem to find there way down my face...maybe that's life's way of cleansing the old and preparing us for the new to come. Flushing it all out, yes, I believe so...at least for me it's how I am going to view it. I look forward to the new views, the new memories and of course my new home. Change is good and if you're feeling the same it's okay hang on and go with it...just like everything else we adjust. Have a beautiful day and truly enjoy it no matter what the weather or the day try to find the good. I know I do. I believe. UPDATE...I am beginning to create in my new studio...so there will be bits of this and that to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.