Saturday, September 12, 2015

Need To Escape...


There are times in life when you just have to go another way...take a venture...a vacation...anything to change what you're currently doing. A step out of the everyday hum drum...the routine....as I sit here and laugh thinking I have a routine... this spontaneous person... who goes with the flow...at times..yes..I do just that...need to change up and create with another medium. Funny, every time I see the word medium or hear it... I think of those who speak to the dead...I once wanted to do that or try it to see if it really worked....then I thought...not this girl... I'll stay speaking with the living.

I don't know if I truly believe in such a thing...do you?

Halloween always brings such things to my mind. Is it impossible... hardly...anything is truly possible. Yet for me...I need some sort of facts...to believe things. I will search for those facts... it's just what I do.  

So...I went back to clay for awhile to escape... one thing.. I do every day....it consumes a portion of my time...and is rather routine. Ooo...did I just say routine..yup I did...in one way I do have a routine not done at the same time everyday...but for me....it's a routine. So I decided to escape..take a staycation...and do something entirely different...and here it is.....I am working with polymer clay and paper clay. I worked with this medium a lot...years ago...and stopped only because it drives me crazy. I am so  OCD when it comes to certain mediums and this is one. Perfection is what happens when I work with these mediums, and perfection is not possible, in return I work and work away...until...I have to stop myself and say...enough!

For the time being this escape will do me good...doesn't everyone need to break away...even You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.