Sunday, July 19, 2015

What's on the Knitting Needles...


I am one who pops in randomly to post on my blog...I am spontaneous by nature...I am multi-talented...creative by nature. With all that said, the hot weather has finally arrived, the very hot, humid weather, the kind were you see water and just want to dive in..kind of weather. The kind where I'm questioning, why am I knitting weather, with Cascade 220 Heathers 100% wool which would say, hey, fall has suddenly reaped her wrath upon us. Twisting the cool weather into our bones, the kind of cool that is easier to get warm then it is too cool off. The kind that says, wrap yourself up in nicely knitted handmade garments, not the dreaded manufactured ones, but, the handmade keepsake kind...that say...made with lots of love. Just for you! The kind that leaves behind a treasured keepsake and hope it doesn't find itself at a garage sale, or worse the thrift shop unable to scream, " I am handmade, please keep me, pass me down as a true member of the family," kind of garment. Tell stories of me, how I came about, how grandma made me years ago. How I am one of kind. That's  what's on the needles...the Isla Cape for my grand daughter Emma Ann this fall. The pattern is from Slip, Slip, Knit blog and I love it. For those who know some intermediate it's really pretty simple and the pattern is well written, plus, I love how fast it's knitting up. So if you're looking for a nice handmade gift for an infant to toddler this is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.