Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Child Lost


Now that the New Year has rung in we tend to think about years passed, all that has happened in our lives...often wondering...how on earth did we survive. For me it's been a strange yet beautiful life, along with what you're about to read...I sometimes wonder where did all my strength come from that let me stand every time I'd fall....in my years of growing up I think of these things off and on...


Like the story you are about to read...



LOST WITHOUT A TRACE....everyday I get to view this photo, it sits in plain view intentionally. It's one of my favorite photo's of all time, taken at a family gathering as he was caught of guard. I cherish this photograph, one it's gorgeous. The second I will tell you...Imagine a Local Mall in the early 1980's busy, lots of stores, always people everywhere especially on Holidays. A mother holding her second son who is a 3 months, a babysitter who tags along holding the younger son's hand to help a mom keep an eye on her children. Shopping in the Craft store at the Mall back then they all stand among the huge crowd, within a split second the babysitter let's go briefly and yells, where is he...the mother says what..the babysitter yells were is he..within seconds the boy is gone. The mother and babysitter split up combing the store..no sign anywhere..the mother has the girl at the register call security..the babysitter says, I'm going to search the Mall suddenly over an intercom everyone hears CODE ADAM...the feeling in the mother's heart explainable, in her mind she keeps hearing where are you baby please God where is my baby. Help me, help me. As the mother proceeds to meet with security, the babysitter and another member of security round the corner from the main entrance of the Mall...holding her hand is the mother's son. With tears flowing the mother yells Oh, my God, and takes off towards the three. That was my 3 year old son then...I can not explain to this day how it all felt. I can still only i only imagine what would have happened. Heading out the main entrance with my son in hand was a middle aged woman, as she opens the first door my babysitter running yells Adam, Adam, he turns around as the babysitter approaches in her run, the woman releases his hand and takes off. We never did find out who back then camera's were not as functional as now, and it was such a busy Holiday the Mall was so filled with shoppers, it was unreal. Today, it still enters my mind, things come about that remind me. It's etched in my memory, rightly so, as within a split second he was gone Without a Trace...every movie I see or drama that contains lost children/people I can not avoid watching...as my heart goes out to them all. That night when all was said and done, I called a radio station that was taking requests. I ask them to play "Somewhere Out There" by Linda Ronstadt and dedicated it to all the missing children...that in prayer, miracles happen, and God would let those missing find their way home. As the song played on that dark night I sat with the babysitter outside on the porch, watching the moon, while that little boy slept in his bed safe and sound. Again, I look at his photograph and am so very blessed he found is way back that awful day. A mother's love reaches many heights...and one is...she never gives up, and never let's go, when it comes to protecting her young...Ever!

Life is truly beautiful...despite it's highs and lows...we are all meant to travel a road...our own journey no matter how happy or painful...we are to experience, to learn, to become the people we are meant to be. Without all of my journeys trials and tribulations I would not be who I am today, I know my heart, I know who I am, and most of all I am strong, still standing. I am still experiencing and learning, and I am a SURVIVOR and that's the best part...


so here I am today about to turn 60 this year, yes this is me (simply good genetics) grateful and blessed  beyond measure! So where did all that ability to stand and rise through it all come from, one simple answer, Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.