Saturday, January 11, 2014

Unique Etsy Cowl


Hello all...hope this post finds all of you having better weather and able to get out and enjoy winter.  I'm popping in on a Saturday with a lovely Etsy find. This cowl is handmade by a wonderful artist in Lithuania , Europe. Her shop is called Iveta stop by and visit, there are some lovely handmade items. 
Which leads me to this thought...
I often wondered what it is about people in Europe who seem to be able to hand make garments without a pattern so simply. Every summer I walk down to the bookstore and sit with a group of older ladies, who sit and knit, a few of them are from Italy. One particular day when we were chatting, one of the woman from Italy said, "I don't understand this country, everyone has to have a knitting or crochet pattern to work with yarn, it is all so simple." I had to answer with this..."I don't believe in America knitting was such a big craft to do as it is today." It was truly the only answer I could offer, yet to sit and watch them every summer is mesmerizing, to do what they do with yarn and not jot down a thing is incredible. 

Have a wonderful weekend and remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.