Friday, December 13, 2013

You Know How it Feels...Right!



It's still unbelievably cold outside and a snow storm is heading our way. We are in the 6" area of snow accumulation and at least the storm will bring the temperature up a bit in order to snow. We've been in the teens and lower which makes walking a no..no..and this gal feeling a bit closed in and it's only December.
And today has me doing a lot of nothing, you know how it feels, right, a day where you're getting absolutely nothing done.


You just want to stay in bed and wait for the day to end, because you want to do something yet don't know what it is you want to do. OMG...I am going stir crazy so closed in.....So I started deleting items on my computer and came across this photograph. Now, I saved it for only one reason, little old me thought, wow, that is such a cozy little place...until today... when I took a close look with my readers and realized "it's actually an out house."  Okay so it's still cute! By the way...I'm sitting here wondering, what on earth did I do before computers to keep me busy?


Then I came across this sign today typing in stupid things on the search bar...because... this is how I have felt so far today.
After I read it, well let's just say I, LOL!  Thank you to who ever created it I needed a laugh today.


So one thing let to another and had to post this photograph I found awhile back which was so darn cute.
It did leave me doing something finally, and taking some to my neighbor as my teeth chattered away, with my camera around my neck. After all I can't eat the whole cake by myself, that's one little problem of baking something when one is an empty nester.


Now I don't know what happened here...no matter what size I make this photograph it's just weird.
Whatever I did with the camera while sitting with my neighbor (who loves her kitchen all white now) and shooting this photograph.  Anyway, here I am back home and posting and sitting...doing a lot of nothing again. Being an empty nester has it's days, this is one of those days, I miss my house, and taking care of my children. Cooking dinner, baking and hearing them run around the house.

Here is the recipe for this delicious "Apple Cinnamon Cake"

Cinnamon Apple mixture  

1/4 cup of white sugar 
2 tsp cinnamon 

2 apples, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes

1. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. In a bowl, add 2 tsp of the cinnamon sugar mix to the apple cubes. Mix with a spoon to make sure all apples are coated.
3. Reserve the rest of the cinnamon sugar for later.  


Cake recipe:  

1/2 cup butter, room temperature 
2/3 cup of sugar 
2 eggs, room temperature 

2 cups of flour, combined with 2 tsp baking powder 
and a pinch of salt 

2 tbsp of yogurt

1. In a mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
2. Add eggs to mixture and mix until well combined.
3. Next, mix in flour and mix until well combined.
4. Mix in yogurt.
5. Stir in apple cinnamon mixture.
 6. Pour cake mixture in a round cake mold, coated with butter and flour. You could also use a round piece of parchment paper on the bottom.
7. Generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar over batter before placing in the oven.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean in a 350° preheated oven.
9. Let cool on a rack.

You can also top it with a bit of confectioner sugar for a bit of fancy.
Whatever's left of the cinnamon sugar mix, I keep in a little jar with lid it's good on toast.

Enjoy the recipe...as I try to get out of this mood and begin or finish another knitting project. What should a girl do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.