Friday, November 29, 2013

Pet Peeve, Moving Blog, and Handmade Snowmen

"Happy Black Friday"
 Since my kids are grown I don't participate much in this day.
Unless of course if my son wants me go for the grand babies.
This year he said no, wasn't interested and has to work tonight. It's hard not to feel bad for him or anyone who works night hours...10 until 7 in the morning and often later. It doesn't make for much of a social  or family life. 
I have a huge pet peeve when it comes to the Holidays, although I like the decorations, it's family, humans that really spark thought in me, that is far from the word family, or representation of Holiday's. The day before yesterday and in fact during the Detroit ( yeah they won) and Dallas ( my Philadelphia teams biggest rivals) also won. I kept hearing over and over...how we hate family showing up during the Holidays, how to avoid them and so on....
What kind of example are we setting for our children, how are things to change for their generation if this is all we do, think of ways to get rid of family. Being an empty nester, (which will happen to everyone at some point in your life, someone always leaves, or dies and in the end only one is left behind alone) I know what it feel like to be alone, to live alone. It's not always filled with rosy days. I can not go without saying, during the holidays when everyone is complaining, there are people out there who would love to take your place. It's also my understanding that the Holidays are a time for forgiving, setting aside our difference, and sadly it doesn't always happen. This is a time in my life when I would welcome a trip back in time, to sit at the table with my family, my deceased parents, my siblings, and my children, get up Christmas morning and watch there faces light up. I truly believe life has it backwards as we age....from 50 and up we seem to see things clearer have an in site into what the world is really like, we understand forgiveness and apply it easier, we don't live in the past, we live in the moment. We are wiser than anyone younger gives us credit for...
we are the ones who have lived experiences many will be going through as I post, so we do indeed know what we are talking about...


Ask this little cutie 20 years from now what she will have to say....for now I say, she's just too darn cute in that hat...and who the heck made it. I found it on Pinterest and the link to follow didn't work. This has got to be the cutest hat I think I have seen in a long time. How unique...if you know where the pattern came from please let me know!! 


Today is my last day of blogging on blogger...I am moving to Typepad and looking forward to the change and the things I will be able to do. Like this snowman who will be up for sale....


along with this one.....


and this one, and many more....




and tutorials like this one made using grapevine branches, and old hanging chandelier and white spray paint.


Then there are these photograph (taken from Pinterest) that express my love of canning jars and how some people use them.
Brilliant!


Despite the fact there are electric and battery operated candles, for me the flame of a real candle is and always will be my favorite.


Now what does this have to do with anything...well let me tell you. I think this is the sweetest, warmest, very welcoming not to mention way too cute bathroom. I am not a fan of red, but this I could live with...oh I must do something similar...what a start for me in finally using color.

I will post when I have moved with a link to find me...Happy Holidays, be safe and love one another after all in the end it's all we have... thank you so very much again for popping in just to read. This empty nester is so grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.