Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Bit of What's Up....



A bit of what's up in my week so far.....








Hello all...how's your day? It's nearly Thanksgiving and I know a lot of you are running around not only shopping for Thanksgiving, but Christmas too. I have mixed feelings this time of year, although I delight in the Season, love the decor, I can't help but think of all those in need. So today I called the Fire Department to see what I could do, anything is better than nothing. I ended up speaking to an employee who's wife had left him this time last year. Within minutes we were talking about how bad this year has been for him. It's amazing how just picking up the phone to help and you meet someone who needs help themselves. I look at people that I pass this time of year and can't help but wonder if they are really okay. This is the time of year to help and offer hope to those who have lost it. Hope is the key, without it nothing matters, we all have to have hope to survive. Without hope, there are no dreams for tomorrow, and faith that things will change is gone. Hope is the thing that gives you wings to believe you can do anything, it tells a person that there is a tomorrow, it puts a light on dreams that have been put out. I know from my own experience of being homeless myself. You may look at these people and say, "oh come on, why aren't they helping themselves. A four little word HOPE when gone keeps a person frozen in time. When frozen by the a devastating situation, we tend to do nothing, we don't know where to go, or for that what to do, that is when hope is gone. There has to be a reason for life, there has to be dreams, people need to know they matter, and that's so important especially this time of year. It's partly why I blog...it's nice to know people visit, read, and by them helping me just by visiting, I hope in return I am helping someone myself.
For me it use to be tough during the Holidays, as I have mentioned I am a germaphobic and now an empty nester, it's not always roses living alone. It takes work to motivate and thank goodness being creative does that for me. Being a germaphobic the less people I can be around in the winter months with all the germs the better I am. My children understand this they call me on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and they chuckle now as they have grown, because they know I am okay. They know they can visit as long as everyone is healthy, they understand that's me. I am grateful that they do. We do get together, they come to my home, if they are ill they call and say they can't make it, but they call, and that's important to me.Just speaking to them means a lot to me. So on my Thanksgiving I will open a box of Stove Top Stuffing, cook a small chicken breast, cranberries, and enjoy my day. I do see the grand babies, of course if they are healthy, and I am grateful as they too understand grandma. We all have problems, no one is without there own issues in this life and that's okay. It's okay to have them, it's okay to talk about them, it's okay even if it makes you different. It's what we do with it... when we know of someones troubles.
There was a day when my son and I (last year) were leaving Walmart, a man was standing holding a sign, please help, my family needs to eat. My son immediately knew what I was going to do, so he stopped. There was a time when he questioned me, he said mom, "how do you know they are really in need?" I replied, " I don't, but this is a test of my humility, my faith, if I pass them by, it says, I don't care. If I stop and give what I can it says I believe, even thought it's a chance I am taking as it could be a scammer. It says, I believe in people and that's all that matters to me. I hope I am a part of the Hope that gives people less fortunate the wings to begin to fly, its part of who I have become through my own life lessons, and I am so very grateful and blessed by those trials in my life. The best feeling in the world is helping others and I wouldn't change that feeling for anything.
So I am currently blocking the blanket to the owl sweater, and have started another sweater working it my own way as I go. This time I am using sport weight yarn by Bernat, it's baby softee. Not a bad yarn and much better than Caron Simply Soft. My cat, Bella, entertains me on top of the chair I bought from Goodwill in the summer, by chasing her tail. If you remember I striped the chair down a bit, said I would leave it sit until it hits me as to how I wanted to finish it. I have ordered what I need and will transform it soon. I have so many blasted ideas rolling around in this gal's head for knitting, recycling and so much more it's hard to keep up. And I am thankful I do. I am going to try this winter to get more of them completed and post them. I am soon to be adding to my shop page, linen pillow covers with quotes, phrases. I will post when they are available. In the meantime....

Have a wonderful week, be safe as you make your way shopping. Blessings to all. Again thank you for visiting, it means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.