Sunday, November 24, 2013

Garter Stitch Knitting....

 
 
 
I've been spending time walking a lot lately and finding myself at our local Craft Shop. Although the days have been cold and dreary, I find walks refreshing...sorta like when spring hits, we open window and doors to refresh the stale air...well that's me lately, blowing off the stale me. I like the cold weather..as the saying goes it's easier to get warm then it is to cool off. I do love all the seasons, but, there is something about a nice cold walk that is clearly refreshing not to mention rejuvenating.
At the Craft Store I came across this book called "Garter Stitch for Baby" Go figure another baby post. How could I not with all the babies showing up around grandma. Of course this ripple blanket although for a baby just says...autumn doesn't it? A rippled garter stitch knitted blanket, yummy, hey!
 
 
The book also included this adorable baby hooded jacket. Although I am not considerably fond of the garters stitch design...the endless knitting back and forth this jacket is too darn cute. I guess it's also the stretch this stitch contains, that for me, isn't really thrilling. Not that I don't or haven't used it, I think I would add a bit of the k2, p2 ribbing at the cuffs on this jacket. It was these patterns in the book that had me purchasing...but the biggest reason was...this...

 
I wanted to make a pair a few pairs of mitts for new baby, Will. Currently the owl sweater is on the block board and the hat is about finished. Then we will see what I put on the needles next. I am really having a blast knitting, learning so much as I go. Soon I will be working in pinks for the new baby girl due in April. Gosh, I am so blessed to be surrounded by new babies. I hope you, my readers, are just as blessed by things in your life, everyday.
 
Over the past week the images of John F. Kennedy has been every where and reminds me of this song...
Anybody here seen my old friend John?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
I just looked around and he's gone.
 
 
I was in grade school and remember exactly what I was doing that dreadful day. Then there is this man.....I remember that day too.
 
 
Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
I just looked 'round and he's gone.
 
If you were born in that era you will understand how much they did, how hard they fought, and the great things they achieved in there short lives. If you weren't study them, they were truly great Americans with an Awesome Cause.
 
Have a blessed day....thanks again for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.