Sunday, February 10, 2013

CoCo Nut and Me

 
 Okay so it's Saturday night and I'm writing a post and browsing a bit on the Internet after knitting earlier. Which I must tell you I have a new pattern about to be released that I worked on tonight.
But, that's not what this post is about...by now you've guessed it's Coconut water and me. I love coconut to eat, to drink, in a dry oil body spray or a oil bath.
 
I have been drinking coconut water for about 2 years now and love it, not only for the fact it is the most natural and by far the best thirst quencher and contains more potassium then one banana.
Yup, that's right! And it has more electrolytes then any sport drink on the market. I drink two types that I have found to be the best, Vita Coco, can be found at Walmart and almost any grocery store.
 
ABOUT COCONUT WATER
Coconut water is the juice in the interior or endosperm of young coconut.
 The water is obtained by opening a tender, green, healthy, and undamaged coconut. Inside, it's clear liquid is sweet, and sterile and composed of unique chemicals such as sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, cytokine, and phyto-hormones. In general, young and slightly immature coconuts harvested when they are about 5-7 months of age for the drink. The juice is packed with simple sugar, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish hydration levels within the body.
Contains enzymes that help in the balance of digestion and metabolism.
Lets just say I don't drink water, I hate water no matter what I put in it, and I hate all juices. But this is the most refreshing drink ever and that's no lie!!
   
 
My oldest sister is in her late 60ties, she has restless leg syndrome since drinking an 14 oz. glass a day her legs shake no more. She doesn't go a day without and neither do I...The potassium alone is excellent for the muscles, leg cramps, etc. It gets my seal of approval. On a hot day, a cold coconut water is the best and keep in mind it's to be drank cold! I personally don't like the taste on it's own, so I add half a crystal light pack flavor lemonade.
 
Zico is my favorite of all..the only place it can be found in my area is Target. Both cost 2.49 a bottle and well worth it. After I do any kind of exercise, whether it's a walk, or planting in the garden, etc. I finish with a Zico or Vita Coco. Try one...however as I said, because the water is young from the coconut I find it better to add some flavor of choice. Once you try it I guarentee you'll be hooked!