Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day of Awesome Surprises

 
Last night I went to our local fabric shop which has tons of exciting magazines on everything from needlework to yarn and more....such as this magazine Mollie Makes, issue 22. This has clearly become my favorite magazine of all time.
Although it's from the UK, I was surprised that our local book store doesn't carry it, nor does any other store in my area. When I ask the whole staff  at "Books A Million" they looked totally confused said, they had never heard of Mollie Makes. So... I put in a request to have them try and add it to there store. This magazine is just amazing in so many ways, from the articles to the projects, right down to the photographs. I am in love!

 
After my lovely magazine... today I went to the mailbox and look what was waiting for me. Yes, my Cascade 220 Heathers yarn. Finally, I am working with an awesome yarn. Isn't it just yummy!
But that wasn't all, nope.
  
 
Not one, but two packages of Cascade 220 Heathers was waiting. I just love the colors, of course, inspired by Little Cotton Rabbits, a blog I have come to adore. Julie is so incredibly talented, I wish I lived in England, I would gladly pay her to teach me everything she knows about knitting and crocheting.
I have a few more colors to order and I will have all the colors Julie posted on her blog. I am so excited to begin making grannie squares and my first grannie square blanket. I have crocheted a lot of blankets and knitted them, but grannie squares, look out here I come!
  
 
Look at those gorgeous labels...I am so use to working with Patons Yarn, and Caron Simply Soft, this is sure to be a treat!