Sunday, January 27, 2013

Knitting Days of Winter - Pattern Added

 
 
 
Wow, I didn't realize I haven't put up a post in a few days. I've been so busy working many different projects, actually working mostly with cotton. I am currently waiting for a large order of Cascade 220 Heathers in jewel tones. In the meantime, I'd like to introduce you to one of my latest creations, it's my "Country Lace Dish Cloth" I'm not big on fancy lace or things with fringes and frills, but I don't mind a touch, as long as it has a classic farm feel.
 
 
 As do these tiny face cloths my mother use to make when I was a teen, only I added a stripe like the dish cloth under it. It really gave me the idea to use different colors on the stripes so someone doesn't mistake theirs for yours.
They are so nice...and just the right size for washing your face before bed time. Just put your finger through the loop and grab the rest with your finger tips...walla! Add a bit of your favorite face soap and your good to go. Great thing...they wash out so easily by hand then hang to dry. There're terrific for washing cups too...getting down inside without all the bulk of a full dish cloth. Athough, I can't recall my mom ever using them for dishes.
 
 
 
With all that said, out of all the wash cloths or if you want use this on the table under your teapot, it really doesn't matter. I think it's too pretty to use as a dish cloth...dont' you?
I designed it with both knitting and crocheting techniques. What's great after your done knitting it goes right into crocheting without cutting the thread.
The back looks just as nice as the front. Gosh, I should have taken a pick. I kept notes while making it I just have to go back and put them together. As soon as I do I will post it for you to create your own. You'll love making this one!
 
"Lil Facial Scrub Pattern"
 

Materials
US size 5 knitting needles
Lilys Sugar n Cream Cotton Yarn
1 Ball Soft Ecru - Main Color
1 Ball Color - Stripe
Crochet Hook US 5
 
Stitch Pattern - Garter - Knitting all rows
 
With main color cast on 20 stitches
 
                                      Row 1 thu 14 work Garter Stitch knitting all rows.
                                      Row 15 - change to color knit row.
                                      Row 16 - knit color.
                                      Row 17 - pick up main color knit
                                      Row 18 - knit in main color
                                      Row 19 - change to color knit row.
                                      Row 20 - knit color
                                      Row 21 thru 34 knit in main color
                                      Bind off....leaving enough thread length for chain.
         Using US 5 (F) crochet hook chain 9 pull tight making loop attach to corner weave in threads.
If you tend to cast on and knit loosely on first two row change to smaller needles.
 Then on 3rd row begin using US size 5 knitting needles.
 I always knit loose after casting on so I drop down two needle sizes for first two rows.
 
<3 Pamela