Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Delicious Day

                                                           MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Hope everyone had a wonderful day and got what you wanted for Christmas. I spent the day a bit different.

 
Christams Eve I spend at my son's home. It was a totally wonderful evening. Then they visit there other side of the family on Christmas Day. I pretty much do whatever, like trying a new cookie recipe I've been so wanting to taste.
                                                  
 
  It's really a pretty easy recipe and the intriguing part was all the ingredients sounded so yummy. Although I think next time I am going to add some pecans to the mix. If you look to the left there is a small bottle of orange juice. Hmmm!
 
 

I have to tell you these are the most delicious so soft cookies, I just have to share the recipe. I love the fact that they go so well with warm or cold tea. I made some decaffeinated green tea with pure honey. And added it to my favorite bottle find this year.


Isn't it just gorgeous! I love bottles that have an old look or feel to them. Although it's printed with water on the front it just added more interest. I will tell you I found it at Target, and yes, they still have them. In the summer I will add cold water and a couple peppermint leaves, let it sit over night, and walla a very fresh mint water. And it's delicious! Actually you can make it anytime of year.

 
 So before the recipe I thought I would give you a peek at how far I've gotten on the blanket I'm knitting. Again the idea came from Kristen who's Tonal Blanket was gorgeous! I did a bit of changing in the color scheme. The two greens I had just didn't suit me, so I'm just going to keep with the white stripe and change of colors. Next I will add a muted orange. I do have a twist for the finished blanket. I will show you during the Tah-Dah moment. 
With it snowing away here today, yes, cold, windy, and snowing like crazy. It's a good day for knitting. Now, for the cookie recipe....

ORANGE CREME CHEESE COOKIE

You"ll need:
1 Cup of Butter or Margarine - room temp.
1 Cup of packed Light Brown Sugar
3/8 Cups of Cream Cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten - room temp.
2 1/3 Cups of all purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tbsp. fresh Orange Juice
1 tsp. finely grated Orange Rind
Small portion of Confectioner Sugar for sprinkling.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Grease a large baking sheet. I used the new foil ones which worked really well and didn't need to grease.

Put your butter, sugar, and cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the slightly beaten egg. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and add it slowly to the mix. At this point I used a spoon to blend the rest of the ingredients. After the flour mix add the orange juice and orange rind.
Using a tablespoon/I used a small cookie scoop drop them on your cookie sheets making sure they are well spaced.
Bake 10/12 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown. As soon as they come out of the oven make sure to sprinkle them with confectioner sugar.

These will melt in your mouth! I also thought of adding small semi chocolate chips next time as chocolate goes so well with orange.
Have fun and enjoy!

<3 Pamela