Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Upcycled Owl Ornament

I had so much fun creating these last weekend. It all started with storing my summer items and bringing out the winter. I had forgotten about the cream sweater I shrunk last year. I kept it because it was so lovely, just knew I would find a use. This cute little owl?
 
 
I used a bit of tan wool felt along with the ivory sweater. A bit of deep red felt, some brown, and gray. This was felt I had left over from other projects. The eyes I cut out two dark brown circle glued them on with hot glue, then did the same with ivory strands of yarn from the sweater, a black flat plastic disc brought his eyes to life. He measues 4 1/2" tall by 4" wide.
I did some stitching on the gray overlay on his tan wing using a deep red dmc floss.
 
 
The feet and beak were hand cut and attached as I did the eyes. The I finished him off with a string to hang from a Christmas Tree.
The ivory sweater was tucked under the tan felt and hot glued them together. Inside this adorable little owl is a hard oval foam form. The tips were his ears appear I added some polyster stuffing.
 
 
I made three of these little cuties. There is something about owl's that just captures my heart. I am always fasinated by them! Aren't they just the cuties?
 
 
If you would like one of these little guys simply let me know in the comment section. I do have a paypal account. I am planning on creating a blog page for purchasing some of my handmade items.
I create so many different interesting items and plan on selling them on my blog, as I complete them.
Safely through paypal.
 
<3 Pamela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.