Thursday, November 30, 2017

Season of Hats



                                                     

Being this time of year it's not often we have 60 degree weather for a few days. This lead me to a walk in the wood, which I haven't done in over a year. It was tough being a nature gal at heart and loving this planet with all of the different birds, tree, leaves, bushes are extraordinary. I am so very grateful to be a part of it all. I sat in the wood, cried a while, the beauty and the sounds I am connect too. It's simply breathtaking, it sparks my spirit, soothes my soul and refreshes me to the fullest. 
I always carry my camera, of course, watch the birds flock to the trees of berries. Every once in awhile one will land in just the right place which means the camera must perform. It's one of my favorite things, my camera, and the planet combined. 

Also, I am on a hat crocheting phase and finding most of the hats use aran weight yarns, which I am not fond of...I don't like working the bulky or aran weight yarns. I am a fine, dk, worsted weight yarn gal. Oh, and don't get me started on the roving yarn as a hat..ever washed roving it's' often not pretty when it comes out. I just don't like the way roving works up or for that the thick and quicks. I guess I am picky when it comes to yarn, and rightly so. I did this minnie mouse hat while my other was battling cancer. I would sit and crochet while he sat in his recliner. It was difficult to watch his spirit fade already on it's destination home. Occasionally, it would find it's way back briefly and their he would be my man full of life for a few minutes. It's odd to watch a spirit come and go, not literally, but you know it's leaving they are just not themselves anymore. I would hang on so tightly to those moments it was fully their with him. So, I sat and crocheted hat after hat nothing that took a lot of concentration as I didn't know when he would need my help, in the spur of the moment. I am happy to say it's getting a bit easier as the months pass, 6 months now, although he is always with me in heart. As they say, I carry his heart, I carry it in mine.

Needless to say I am now adding detail to all the hats I crocheted while he was still with me and Minnie Mouse is one of them. I find though I am not much on adding detail anymore. Ears, bow, etc, just has become something I don't enjoy. Kind of a bummer as I really use to love it, now, I just want to make things like sweater, blankets and hats that don't require a lot of adding this and that when finished. This hat is a size 6 to 12 months in worsted weight yarn by Vanna White. I am learning to put lining in them it offers more of a winter warm hat.

Thanks for stopping by, warm wishes and we continue into the Holiday Season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.