Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tiered Toddler Knitted Coat Update


Good Morning all...that is if you're in the United States...I am updating more of the toddler coat I've been knitting. Managed to get the sleeves done over the weekend..in fact..it was so nice outside I even mowed the lawn.  Amazing how the weather can affect your moods...I think next winter I'm going add murals of spring to all my windows, buy a couple birds, keep the heat up so it feels like summer. Wonder if this would really work, hmm, yes I would be one to try it...should it happen surely I will post. So the sweater was so easy and quick Emma (my grand daughter) is coming over this week to see if the yarn and gauge to match is a true 4T I am so hoping. The photographs arg, inside light at night just is not true to colors especially reds...the color is closest to the next photograph. When it's completed hanging it outside to photo. 



I will knit another in the recommended expensive yarn if this yarn is not giving me a true size 4T...I realize the better the yarn the better the stitch definition and fitting of garment...yet knitting for a toddler think of expensive yarn, not. I do try to come as close as possible. I am satisfied with the outcome, it's not finished yet, and yes the buttons are just laid on explaining the one on the wrong side. Blocking it today, then add a lining that coordinates with the buttons...and the makings of the hat. Now, what project to start and complete next...so far I've kept my promise to myself to complete every project I begin before starting another...now if I could only apply that to my home. 
I am just not the best at home organizing, although, I do know where every single thing is in the house...so in my mind it's organized to suit me.
All information is on the red link above for the yarn used, pattern and more...be back soon with  a photograph once it's truly completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.