Monday, August 10, 2015

Honey Bees...


They say Honey Bees are going instinct in the United States...The consequence of a dying bee population impacts man at the highest levels on our food chain, posing an enormously grave threat to human survival. Since no other single animal species plays a more significant role in producing the fruits and vegetables that we humans commonly take for granted yet require near daily to stay alive, the greatest modern scientist Albert Einstein once prophetically remarked, “Mankind will not survive the honeybees’ disappearance for more than five years.” 


I took all these photographs Saturday morning when the Squash flowers open...bees pollinate the flower and in return it produces squash, without bees this would not happen. I also have a facebook page for my photography. I don't promote it as it's now more of a hobby that I enjoy..when younger I was a professional photographer in a in house studio. My subjects were newborns, children, and family groups, sometimes, pets too. I can't say I don't miss it at times I do. I find myself popping in those Mall Photography centers taking peeks in or looking at photographs. The digital era has really changed photographing tremendously, back when I photographed, we had to go in darkrooms to unload the film.  I'm not sure I am so crazy about technology with common people...I think a lot about what would happen if the system was hacked and the world was cut off from electricity....it would be total chaos.
And suddenly it can happen at any given moment. Just as if the bees disappeared so would human kind. 


I don't believe people realize what bees really mean to our world...the food supply is not possible without them. This little bee just finished pollinating my squash without him there would be none. When this doesn't occur cucumbers grow curved, there is less fruit and veggies on all plants.
They say a majority of the problem is Global Warming, cool weather right in to May is killing them off. I don't think humans realize either what fertilizing lawns and pesticides are doing to the changing of the planet contributing to Global Warming, at some point mother nature has to protect herself and say enough. So here is something to think about...there are programs that will help younger people or for that anyone become beekeepers. They will fund all the supplies one requires to get started.  
Do your part, I am, these little guys are dying quicker than one can imagine and that's not good news for the human species.
Read this article it explains everything one needs to know...
http://www.globalresearch.ca/death-and-extinction-of-the-bees/5375684


Really the bees need your support! Help them help us!
If you'd like to view my facebook photography please feel free to do so...

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.