Friday, March 27, 2015

We All Need...



There are times I feel like I need a break from life. Going somewhere where no one knows me, and the warmth of the sun is just right, not so much that to sit in it is too much. I want to feel a cool breeze flow through and around me, hear nothing but the flush of the waves as they make their way to land. Sipping on a cold tall, lemonade, filled with fresh strawberries and crushed ice. I sit and knit without a care, from a yarn shop where I have a choice of whatever yarn I want, without worrying about the cost. Listening to the sounds of nature without any outside interference. A place for a week where I can just focus on myself, reconnect, refresh. Where bills don't exist, and my troubles are solved by someone else. Don't you feel the same? Like it's something we all need!

Times I want to live in a world where it doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, a place where judgement doesn't exist, and everyone accepts all for who they are or what they look like,  and no matter what mistakes they make it's in the past. That clicks didn't exist and everyone helped others based on help alone. That it didn't matter how much better some were than others, that people just interacted as humans is all. But then that would have to be a Utopia wouldn't it something that seems hard to achieve. It's the beauty of a child from birth to 5 or 6 before school and society travels into there brains with words and labels that change who we are takes away the innocence we were born with...no on is born with all the mental things they have to deal with brought on by others.

My second oldest son, Aaron, always came home from school with added comments on his report card, things like he doesn't pay attention, shows no effort, lacks interest. What did that say to my son other than nothing he did was good. So I approached the school and the principal addressed this issue, then had my son tested, found out he was ADD. In a meeting with the principal, I told him don't let this happen again, break his self esteem. I have a daughter coming to your school next year I will be watching. That's part of the programing that begins after age 5 or 6 when the outside world imposes there views on others. So what's the point to this article...I need to get away... and people these days annoy me, they judge and can't seem to help another human being without getting something in return...so I end with this Beam me up Scotty....there has to be a better more accepting place in this huge Universe outside of us.
In the meantime,  I rest myself knowing Lavender season is just upon us....there are 6 more arriving this season for a total of 21 plants now in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.