Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's Been Awhile...

  Hello lovely readers, it's been awhile since I posted I apologize for the long delay. There have been so many new additions to the family, and the garden has been my focus since spring. I find myself exhausted at times as there is a lot to do in the garden, this year I made it a lot larger than it was a couple years ago. I've been really tending to it and keeping the weeds at bay, the animals from eating away at things. My lavender field is growing every season, I am loving it so much and learning more and more every year.


My garden is growing nicely with a lot of work this year it's much better than last year, although our season has been odd again. Very humid days, to very cool days. the garden is a lot larger now and the veggies a lot taller and greener. I love gardening right in the soil on the grown the way it was intended. 


I started my lettuce in early spring and keep it covered with a light weight breathable cloth to keep the white flies out so they don't eat the leaves. This cloth also allows rain to penetrate and my lettuce is still going strong.


I've also been spending a lot of time with the camera along with a lot of frustration too. It's not easy learning all the different ways to photograph when it comes to lighting, shutter speeds, ISO it's a lot of work.


Yet as you can tell it's paying off...I am learning how to see a hole new way through the camera's eye. 


Life has been keeping me busy yet more so keeping me challenged and that's a good thing. How, it keeps me moving and smiling. After all moving, discovering, and learning new things keeps us young and that's a good thing.


Thank you so much for staying with me, popping in even though much hasn't changed as far as posting. I will do my very best to work on that, yet for now the garden is keeping this girl busy not only with weeding, but watering, and picking now too.

Have a wonderful week and summer after all its growing shorter, and do keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.