Friday, January 17, 2014

Winter Knitting


Winter, Photographed....


in black....


and white....


my favorite photographs ever Black and White!


Today I decided I've been sitting way too much, bundled up and took a long walk. With all the things going on in my life lately, something hit me the other day and said no more...this is it, it's your time...time to get rid of eating all the junk because a situation has me feeling a bit trapped, get up girl I said, this is another challenge you've been her before, you can do this...I decided no more...it's really time for me personally, my body, health both physical and mental. So with that said, I've been working this week on eating healthier. I've tried this many times in the past with out succeeding but this time feels different...it feels like the day I stood in that storage unit when I as homeless, heard the song by Kenny Loggins,  this is it, song on the radio. The line that says "no one can tell you for you know, you make the choice of how it goes." And with that said, I knew it was my time, time to choose me. My walk which started out with just a bit of snow on the ground an hour later I was walking in a stunning land of white, I felt like I was walking into a photograph. The flakes were medium, falling everywhere making it hard to see, within a second I just stopped, stood there surrounded by snow and woods, tree limbs painted by nature in a brilliant white, ground covered in a bed of white, undisturbed and magical. I looked up and said, " thank you God, for this gorgeous earth, this beautiful winter day filled with snow, thank you, for the experience of the seasons that so many don't get to see, I am grateful. How did you know I needed this today and with that I smiled. Now I'm home writing to you my readers, and when done, my knitting continues as the scarf is half way done. 

Many Blessings to everyone, enjoy the day where ever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.