Thursday, January 16, 2014

Knitting Continues...


Well the snow is falling again, what else would one expect it's winter! Luckily only 1 to 3 inches and it's already near the 3 inch mark. I like to watch the snow when it's falls especially when it's large and falling slowly. It's snowing like that tonight makes for wrapping up in a nice handmade blanket, lighting the fireplace and knitting away. It's what I like about winter, not having to run outside mow the law, tend to the garden, it's just knitting time. Which is what I've been doing. I seem to be stuck on making these hats designed by Stephanie Dozen in her book "Woodland Knits"  This one which is my third, is done in the Lion Brands "Wool Ease" Thick n Quick color OatmealI took the pattern and revised it a bit, made the hat shorter in the back am adding a scarf to this one later with pockets at the bottom, for a young girl Alexia who feel in love with a hat scarf combination I wear all the time, it has pockets at the bottom of both ends of the scarf. A lot a people compliment and always ask, where did you get that, it's really neat. That's when I decided to add a scarf to this hat. The next one I'm making is going to be worsted weight yarn instead of thick and bulky. I can't tell you how incredibly warm this hat is...it's amazing. There is another book I'm waiting for in the mail called "Botanical Knits" by Alana Dako's I just love anything to do with nature. I love the details from nature Alana adds to all her knitting patterns. After I finish this project hopefully tonight I will photograph it again in it's finished form. I have to say....it's really difficult to photograph oneself wearing the final projects. No, I'll tell you what's really difficult...first I boiled 6 eggs only to forget about them until I heard them popping like popcorn, to falling down on the kitchen floor after tripping over my own shoe, to breaking the key off in the door to my apartment. I guess things really do happen in three's, why is that anyway. Hmm...must do some google research before knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.