Saturday, December 28, 2013

An Enchanting Pattern







 
 Dragon Watchers Hood Pattern shortened by me.


Color -Cilantro- Original Dragon Watchers Hood Pattern

A late night pop in to show what I've been up to since my last post. Christmas Eve was spent at my oldest son's home with the grand son's opening gifts from me. (photographs to come in next post with all the details) I've been knitting with Lion Brands Wool Ease Thick and Quick a yarn I usually don't use and thought I'd give it a try. The pattern I used was from Woodland Knits by Stephanie Dosen. The pattern is called  Dragon Watchers Hood, (deep red hood in post link) it's Stephanie's very first knitting book. I am really enchanted with the fantasy patterns that seem to just take you away to another place in time. The entire book is done so beautifully the images alone will captivate. I've done the original Hood in the same yarn, color, Cilantro, but need to purchase more yarn to for the long I-Cord that goes through the front of the hood. I love the way she designed the casing in the front it was simple with The Dragon Watchers Hood done entirely seamless. This is my version of the Hood done shorter with a seam up the back, if you look at the original it has a long tail behind the hood. Although I usually work with worsted weight or dk yarns I really enjoyed the thick and quick. Not to mention this hood is incredibility warm. This would make a wonderful gift or a project to keep for yourself, either way your sure to love it!

Update- How I did the shorter version will be in my Ravelry Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.