Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Rain and Knitting Wash Cloths

We have had so many days of rain due to storm sandy, I can't remember the last time I saw the sunshine. And to think a second post, gee someone please stop the rain I need to get outside.
 I haven't been out in quite awhile as sandy passes through, so I did a bit of simple knitting, just to keep me occupied. I've been knitting wash cloths something simple to relax.
This one I found while browsing the Internet its from Homespun Living
 
 
I spent the day trying many different stitches with a lot of ripping out and beginning again.
I just couldn't find a stitch I really liked with a knit border.
The only one I did that passed somewhat was a stitch called Basket Checks. I plan on trying more pattern combinations in the next few days.
 
 
It was really difficult to get good photographs due to the rain, did the best I could despite.
At one point today I found myself in one of those moods where you want to do something yet can't figure out exactly what. I am sure you know what I'm talking about.
So in the latter afternoon hours I found myself just digging through every cupboard and closet looking for something different, after all, all day yesterday and today of wash cloths, one needs a break.
 
I did end up finding this which I wasn't nearly in the mood for anything so time consuming.
I made one of these in a christening gown using a pineapple design as a gift. Needless to say not a lot of people appreciate handmade items. Although the recipient was somewhat excited, they quickly made it clear it was not there thing, but did appreciate me doing so.
Gosh, doesn't that just make you feel good when someone appreciates something so much, not!
 
 
I found some yarn in the basement where I moved in 7 years ago, it was left behind and packaged nicely. This is a German wool sock yarn, just delicate enough for this project.
You know that promise I made myself that I would finish all my projects before starting another?
Well, I think I will reward myself with a break on this one, after all, I started it two years ago. Isn't it so common to start one project then find another you just can't wait to start.
Do yo do the same thing?
 
Before you go don't forget to enter my giveaway for an Alice in Wonderland canvas bag. It's store bought and really nice.
 
<3 Pamela
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.