Sunday, December 16, 2012

Poem for NewTown Connecticuts Lost Children

This goes out to all the 20 babies who lost their life on Dec.14, 2012 in NewTown Connecticut
 
May God Bless and keep all those babies in his arms. May he carry the parents as they find there way back to some kind of peace.
My heart goes out to all the parents who lost there babies, may you someday find good memories in this your time of sorrow.

 
 
I'll lend you for a little while the children of mine, God said,
For you to love the while they live, and mourn for when they are dead.
It may be six or seven years, or forty two or three,
But will you, 'til I call them back, take care of them for me?
They'll bring charms to gladden you. And should their stay be brief,
You'll always have your memories as solace in your grief.
I cannot promise they will stay, since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught below I want these children to learn.
I've looked this whole world over in my search for teachers true,
And from the folk that crowd life's lane, I have chosen one of you.
Now will you give them all your love and not think the labour vain,
Nor hate me when I come to take these lent children back again.
I fancy that I heard them say, 'Dear God Thy will be done',
For all the joys these children will bring, the risk of grief we'll run.
We will shelter them with tenderness, we'll love them while we may,
And for all the happiness we've ever known, we'll ever grateful stay.
But should the angels call them much sooner than we've planned,
We will brace the bitter grief that comes and try to understand.
 
My Prayers and Blessing will be with you. I will never forget you and your babies.